How to Display Social Media Feeds on TV Screens7 min read
In our previous blogs, we have talked a lot about the social wall. The concept, benefits, uses, and how event planners and businesses can use it to its fullest. We have covered everything in our blogs under the social wall category.
If you still haven’t read the blogs, you can read them from here. These blogs will be helpful for you to understand the concept of a social wall.
Introduction of Social Wall
Social walls can be displayed anywhere such as on Websites, Tv screens, Digital signage, and more.
A social wall is a combined solution of social media feeds, where you can aggregate social media feeds of multiple social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn) in one place. A social wall is also known as a social media wall, content wall, social feed wall.
With the help of a social media aggregator tool, you can create an amazing social media wall experience for your event audience or website visitors.
In today’s time, for generating more interaction and making amazing experiences for the audience, event planners are installing TV screens to display social media feeds or social walls.
By displaying social media feeds on TV screens or digital screens, you can keep your audience engaged throughout the event. From generating buzz to drive conversation, social wall plays a significant role.
However, most of us know about social walls, but fail to know how to display social media walls/social media feeds on TV screens.
So, here I am going to show how you can display social media feeds on digital displays such as TV screens, projector screens, billboards, jumbotrons, and many more.
Before displaying social media feeds on the TV screen, you need to create a social wall. If you haven’t done it yet then Sign up on Onstipe and create a live social wall right now. Onstipe is a Social media aggregator tool, that allows you to create a social wall.
Create a Social Wall using Onstipe
Follow this step-by-step guide to create a social media wall using Onstipe.
1. Enter a “Stipe Name” to create a Social wall.
2. Choose Display Screen and click Create Button.
3. Go to “Sources” and choose a Social Network.
- Add Twitter Feed (posts from the hashtag, or handle)
- Add Instagram Feed (posts from the hashtag, handle, or Tagged)
- Add Facebook Feed (posts from a page, or handle)
- Add YouTube Feed (videos from channel Url, or playlist)
- Add Vimeo Feed (posts from the hashtag, or handle)
- Add Flickr Feed (posts from the hashtag, or handle)
- Add Tumblr Feed (posts from the hashtag, or handle)
- Add RSS Feed (posts from an RSS URL)
- Add LinkedIn Feed (manually add each post)
4. After choosing a social network, allow and authorize Onstipe to connect your social account.
5. Now click on the Display on Screen Tab under the “Display Options” Tab.
6. Click on the Copy URL to copy the social wall URL.
*Save this URL, we will use this social wall URL with the below-mentioned steps.
How to display Social Media Feeds on TV Screens
There are many various ways available for displaying social media feeds on digital screens.
You can use two types of Technologies to display social media walls on TV screens:
1. Display Social Media Feeds on TV Screen using Wireless Technology
Wireless technology allows you to establish a connection or transmit data over the air without using cables and wires. There are many wireless devices available in the market that will help you transfer your data over the air and allow you to display social media walls on TV screens.
A. Amazon Fire Tv Stick
Amazon Fire Tv Stick allows you to access your favorite TV shows, movies, subscription services, music, photos, and games anytime. Simply plug it in your TV’s HDMI port and stream your content over Wi-Fi.
Steps to set up Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter
- Plug the other end into the Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Plug the Amazon Fire Stick in your TV’s HDMI port
- Plug the power adapter into an electric outlet
- Follow the instructions, press the Home button on your Fire TV Stick remote
- Now press Play/Pause button on remote
- Select a suitable language
- Select your Wi-Fi network and connect it to your Wi-fi
- Select register or create an account
- Login with Amazon login ID and click Next. or If you have chosen “Create an Account”, then create an ID
- Setup your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV set setting
Steps to display social wall using Amazon Fire Stick:
- Launch Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen
- Search Amazon Silk Browser or Mozilla Firefox
- Download and Install a browser
- Open the browser and enter the Social Wall URL
- Done. Enjoy your social wall on TV Screen.
B. Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is one of the best streaming devices. Plug it into your TV and access multiple streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and Google Play. It allows you to share content from your Chrome browser to the big screen.
Steps to set up Google Chromecast:
- Plug the Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI port
- Plug the USB Micro into the Google Chromecast
- Plug the other end into the power adapter or TV’s USB port
- Connect your Chromecast and your apps on the same Wi-Fi network
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile device, tablet, or laptop
- Open the Google Home app by tapping the app icon on your mobile device, tablet, or laptop
- Tap Get Started or find the device card >> Set up
- Choose which Google Account that you want to link to Chromecast. Tab OK
- Select Devices in Google Home app and Set Up all things
Steps to display social wall using Google Chromecast:
- On your computer, open Chrome and run Social Wall URL
- At the top right, click more >> Cast
- Choose your Chromecast device where you want to see the social wall
Additionally, you can download Google Chrome from Apps and run your Social Wall URL on that browser.
C. Smart TVs
Smart TV can access Wi-Fi and run apps just like a smartphone. It is an internet-connected TV that gives you many features like on-demand content, streaming service or allows you to connect with laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. Supports Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, and flash memory.
Steps to display social wall using Smart TV:
- Connect your Smart TV to the Internet
- Open App Store and search a suitable browser
- Download and install browser application such as Chrome or Mozilla on Smart TV
- Open Browser, enter your Social Wall URL in the web URL box
Additionally, you can mirror your computer or laptop screen on your Smart TV screen.
- Connect your smart TV and laptop on the same network
- Press Home button under Apps, select Screen Mirroring on Smart TV
- Follow the on-screen directions and complete the setup
- Now turn on Computer’ Wi-Fi setting
- Click on the Start button then select Settings
- In Settings, click Devices
- In Devices, select the connected device and click on Add devices
- Select the Model number of your Smart TV
- Now you can cast your computer screen on TV and display your social wall
D. Apple TV
It is a small box device that allows you to connect your TV using an HDMI port. You can watch streaming services from the Internet or can mirror the screen from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your TV.
Steps to set up Apple TV:
- Plug your Apple TV into power
- Connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable
- Select the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to
- Choose your language and country, and turn on Siri
- When the setup is completed, you’ll see the Home screen
- Tap the App Store app on your Home screen
- Browse or search for the browser that you want to download, then tap the app
- Tap Get and download the app. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID
- After Installing the browser, open it and run your Social Wall URL
Additionally, you can mirror your Mac screen on your TV screen.
- Click on the AirPlay icon from the menu bar at the top of the screen on your Mac
- Choose your Apple TV from the options
- Enter an AirPlay code for the Apple TV (You will find this code on the TV screen attached to the Apple TV)
- Done. Now drag your Safari (or other browsers) window over to the Apple TV screen
Now Enter your Social Wall URL and display your social media feeds on the TV Screen.
2. Display Social Media Feeds on TV Screen using Wired Technology
Wired technology allows us to establish a connection or transmit data using physical paths such as cables and wires. There are many Wired technologies available in the market that will help you transfer your data and allow you to display social media walls on TV monitors.
A. HDMI Cable
HDMI cables allow you to connect your laptop to your TV to stream your content. With HDMI cables, you can mirror your laptop screen on TV screens. You just need to buy an HDMI cable to establish a connection between your laptop and TV.
Steps to Connect and display social wall on a TV screen using HDMI Cable:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the computer and another one to your TV
- Use the TV remote to select the HDMI source on the TV
- Click the Start menu on your Computer
- Click the Settings icon.
- Now click on systems.
- Then click on Display.
- Scroll down and click Detect.
- After making a connection, drag your Computer window on your TV screen
- Now run your social wall on the browser, it will display on the TV screen as well.
B. VGA Cable
VGA Cables are another mostly used and direct way to establish a connection between laptop and TV. It allows you to stream your Video Graphic Array or media content on a TV screen from a laptop.
Steps to Connect and display social wall on a TV screen using VGA Cable:
- Connect one end of the VGA cable to the PC compatible port and another one to your TV
- Click Start on your PC. Then select Control Panel
- Click Display. Then click on Adjust Resolution
- Select TV option from drop down window
- Done. Connection setup successfully
- Now open your browser on Computer and run your social wall URL.
Through this blog, we have shared a complete guide for displaying your social media feeds on TV screens using various technologies.
So, what is it that holding you back?
Display your social stories to increase brand authenticity and build trust among people.